- Larry gave a brief summary on the Long Beach Coin Show
- Larry gave an update on option trading, currently up $15,542 in closed trades in 2 months. With these results, he's thinking of starting to live trade now instead of waiting for the 3 month testing to be finished
- Larry went through charts on forex and stocks showing how he builds his watch list on the stocks he's looking at trading
- Larry gave insight on how he's been using the Alma line to help his trading results and increase his win percentage
- Tom has been working on the bottom indicators to help his entries
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/289200489
- Tom and Larry discuss using Alma differently
- Larry discusses stock option trading success
- Larry shows how he'll move from a demo to a live account
- Video link: no recording is available for this meeting
- The usual announcements and updates up front
- One of our members, Susan, shared with us her 4hr/daily strategy
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/278991450
- No recording available - we were on hiatus
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/272499284
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/264003376
- Larry discussed why we use FXPro (to help with 4X futures); housekeeping; Larry's making a new template (4xLA...B for winter versions for various country time changes), send a request to Larry for new templates;
- Larry showed some current setups that may be developing and what he looks for in terms of indicator setups to enter trades;
- Larry shared what he looks for in a trading computer;
- Larry went over his and Tom's options trading and how they're doing; shared some of his trades and how he's progressing.
- Tom showed how his newly-purchased indicator is working on his new computer.
- Larry discussed how to setup the trading session boxes
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/259618111
February 11 2017:
- Housekeeping, , recent trades; We also discussed a (another) new indicator Tom has found; the melt down on the stock market and how you could have anticipated it as well as what could have been done; and trades we've taken since the last meeting.
- Video link: http://vimeo.com/257434333
- Video link: https://vimeo.com/252653742
December 10, 2017
Update for 4X Los Angeles and general housekeeping
- Larry talked ACD and how trading can be profitable. He showed trades he's taken and trade setups from our weekly chart readings to show how he chooses trades and looks at entries, stops and exits.
- Tom shared an update on some indicators he has recently found and showed how he uses the forex alma to trade.
- Last half: Tom and Larry will be looked for potential trades especially around the 6:30pm PST turnaround time.
- Video links (No recordings available):
November 8, 2017:
- No recording available
October 8, 2017:
September 10, 2017:
- Larry reviewed the trades he's taken over the prior 30 days; Deb showed how to setup MetaTrader to send email alerts.
- Tom talked about a simple setup with indicators and what he looks for to enter a trade.
August 10, 2017:
- Larry has resigned from his J.O.B. (Just Over Broke, ie job) and is going to trade full time so he talked extensively about the method he'll be using - and the one he's been using for several years.
- Larry talked about the setup of the indicators and what he looks for to enter a trade. Tom joined in a bit later and helped elaborate on some of the best trades on the charts.
July 9 , 2017:
- Larry talked about how, going forward, the monthly meetings are going to change with a goal of getting everyone trading by the end of the year. He also talked about how to purchase and use silver coins instead of gold coins in case of a disaster. Tom talked about how/where to purchase silver coins. Deb gave Larry a test using the MT4 Strategy Tester and Larry took a couple trades in front of everyone.
- Later, Tom talked about his candlestick patterns and updated what he looks for when he looks at charts.
June 18, 2017:
- Larry talked extensively about Dick's favorite trading system - the ACD trade. Larry looked at some charts from the last few weeks to see if ACD is real and if you can make a living trading this system.
- Tom talked about his candlestick patterns and updated what he looks for when he looks at charts.
May 21, 2017:
- Larry held his last and final discussion on his Turtle Trader live account results
- Tom showed us a couple new indicators that he thinks have great promise
- Robert Showed us more more backtesting results on his latest Expert Advisor
April video: we had to cancel our monthly meeting so there was no recording.
March 12, 2017:
- Larry showed more positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders
- Larry showed us more detail on our 4XLA method
- Tom showed us a variation of his latest template
- Robert Showed us more on his Bubble HeatMap indicator and backtesting results on his latest Expert Advisor
February 12, 2017:
- Larry showed more positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders: https://vimeo.com/203943921
- Our special guest speaker was Vernon Baptiste who spoke on tax information important to us traders: https://vimeo.com/203943770
January 15, 2017:
- Larry showed more positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders; showed us the ACD indicator and how to use it. He also showed us how adding a certain EMA to the chart might help filter out some trades.
- Deb talked about an analysis she did on the GBPUSD using ACD and this new EMA.
- Robert showed us the performance of his ACD EA.
- Tom showed us a tiny mod he made to his Clarity template and goes into detail about how to use it.
December 13, 2016: Larry showed the positive progress on his managed forex account with FX Turtle Traders. Deb intro'd a "! Too Simple template" showing price crossing Triggerlines and a new indicator named ColorTrend (all indicators are on our Meetup.com website). Then Tom took her template and added his "roid" take on it. Then Fred showed us a review of how he uses Dean Malone's Traders' Dynamic Index (TDI). It was a jam-packed session!
November 13, 2016: Richard from FXTurtleTrader presented their managed account offering. Then, unfortunately, our internet connection went down.
Sorry, no video link.
October video: we had a memorial service for our own Dick Schmidt so nothing was recorded.
September 11, 2016: Crypto currencies; bubbles, penetrators, and SupDems; Larry's Trade Priorities, Tom's latest indicator setup.https://vimeo.com/182647242#t=0s
August 14, 2016. The meeting featured Deb, who showed us how to get any timeframe in MetaTrader, Ricardo, who showed us his proprietary volume indicator, and Tom, who showed us his 1-minute method.
July 10, 2016. The meeting featured a guest speaker, who shared with us some of his trading ideas and money management techniques. Mr. Kirti is originally from India, but now leads a trading group in Atlanta. He demonstrated how using a simple trading style can lead to significant profits when combined with a conservative money management plan. We also heard from Brandon about several indicators he has reworked and from Dick who featured using the Bubble Cross.
Risk Disclosure: NFA (National Future Association) Trading Spot/OTC Foreign currencies involves substantial risk and there is always the potential for loss. Your trading results may vary. Because the risk factor is high in Foreign exchange market trading, only genuine "risk" funds should be used in such trading. If you do not have the extra capital that you can afford to lose, you should not trade in the Foreign exchange markets. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the Forex markets. No "safe" trading system has ever been devised, and no one can guarantee profits or freedom from loss. Unique experiences and past performances do not guarantee future results! Nothing in our live presentations, training courses, website, or other materials shall be deemed a solicitation or an offer to Buy/Sell currencies in Spot/OTC Forex Markets. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed or presented in any manner. Also, the past performance of any trading methodology is not necessarily indicative of futures results. Foreign currencies trading involves high risk and you can lose a lot of money.
CFTC RULE 4.41 (CFTC = Commodities Futures Trading Commission): HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER OR OVER-COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN OR DISCUSSED HERE, TRAINING MATERIAL, PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL OR ANY RELATED SERVICES. OUR COURSES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES SHOULD BE USED AS LEARNING AIDS ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO INVEST REAL MONEY. IF YOU DECIDE TO INVEST REAL MONEY, ALL TRADING DECISIONS SHOULD BE YOUR OWN AND ARE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
July 9, 2017: